Surrounded by a rich musical and Southern culture, the Macon Film Festival celebrates independent films while promoting film-making for entertainment, inspiration, education and economic development in Georgia’s central city. This four-day festival screens imaginative and independent film in a variety of genres from local, regional, national and international filmmakers at historic theaters, along with workshops and ever-popular after parties at hip venues throughout downtown Macon. Tickets are on sale now. Special guests and screenings to be announced.
- Macon Film Festival celebrates its 12th year July 20th – 23, 2017.
- The Macon Film Festival screens independent films from around the world in multiple historic theatres in the city’s downtown district, including the Douglass Theatre, Cox Capitol Theatre, Theatre Macon and the Macon-Bibb County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- The festival features film screenings, celebrity guests, special screenings, and workshops throughout.
- Past special guests have included Andrew McCarthy, Burt Reynolds, Matthew Modine, Karen Black, Illeana Douglass, Nick Moran, Tony Hale, James Ponsoldt, and Macon natives Carrie Preston and Jack McBrayer
- Films compete in the following categories: Music; Documentary; LGBT; Narrative Feature; Narrative Shorts; Southern, and Student Shorts.
- Free filmmaking workshops are held daily for all festival attendees.
- A Media Room, VIP/Filmmaker Lounge and Festival Headquarters are open daily during the festival.
- Catered after parties with open bars pop up at a variety of hip venues each night.
- The Macon Film Festival precedes the city’s annual Bragg Jam Music and Arts Festival, with daily film and/or music events between the two weekends.
- Macon Film Festival passes are on sale at www.maconfilmfestival.com with special discounts for Festie Bestie combo passes offering admission to both the Macon Film Festival and Bragg Jam Music and Arts Festival the following weekend.
- For more information about tickets and the schedule, please visit MaconFilmFestival.com.